The Aobaotugounao property covers a total of 21.07 km2. It is approximately 9km northwest of Tongxing Township, Keshiketeng County, Inner Mongolia. Geologically, it is characterized by a hydrothermal vein Ag-polymetallic deposit within Jurassic volcanic series. Recent geological work on the property has identified 16 alteration zones, three of which are Ag-Pb mineralization zones. Major alterations are limonitization, siliconization, chloritization and fluoritization. A geophysical survey has suggested the possible existence of silver, lead, zinc and copper mineralization zones below 150 meters from surface. The 1,000 meter drilling planned for Aobaotugounao will help further define the existing mineral zones as well as identify additional mineral zones within the exploration area.
|Location||Keshiketeng County, Inner Mongolia, China|
|Area||2,107 hectares (5,207 acres)|
|Ownership||40% with Exploration Rights|
Exploration and development.
Silver Dragon Resources Inc. has a 40% equity interest in Sino-Top Resources & Technologies, Ltd. which owns the exploration and mining rights of the Aobaotugounao Silver Project located in the Erbahuo Silver District near Gaoyingzi Village, Muxiga Town of Keshiketeng County in Inner Mongolia. Its geographic coordinates are: E 117o33'00" -117o38'00", N43o47'00"-43o50'00" covering a total area of 21.07 km2.
Exposed geological layers are of upper and central Jurassic acidic lava and clasolite, with intercalations of slates and marble, with intrusion of granite porphyry of late Yanshan stage and strong sericite and silican mineralization as well as carbonation and skarnization. The region has several developed fault structures.
The mineralization of the region is typical of skarnization which is developed along the faults and marble regions, with two mineralized zones. No. 1 mineralized zone is primarily comprised of Pb (0.62-0.93%), Zn (0.75-0.79%) and Ag (265-532g/t), and stretches 30 meters in length with a width of between 1 - 2.5 meters. The No. 2 zone is 25 meters long, with an average silver grade of approximately 668g/t. Spectral analysis of samples show that Sn content may be as high as 1000 ppm.
Recommended Exploration & Development
Exploration work should be done to further test the two identified zones of mineralization that host good geophysical and geochemical anomalies.
Excerpted from a report
Prepared for Silver Dragon Resources Inc.
North China Nonferrous Geological Prospecting Bureau
General Exploration Agency (NCGEA)
About the NCGEA
The North China Nonferrous Geological Prospecting Bureau General Exploration Agency (NCGEA) was founded in 1974. At that time it was composed of a team of geologists engaged in mineral exploration and development. Through years of development, the agency has evolved to become a group company engaging in mine exploration, mine development, mine engineering and commodities trading services. Currently there are approximately 760 people in the agency.
Summary of Past ActivitiesSummary of Past Activities
Over the past three decades, the NCGEA has conducted exploration and mining activities in almost all parts of China. Key exploration and mining activities include the following:
- Eastern Hebei Province iron mine project
- Anshan-Benxi iron mine project
- Zhangjiakou-Xuanhua iron mine project
- Yangshan iron mine project
- Baiyunebo iron mine project
- Huanggangliang-Mengentaogai zinc and multiple metal mine project in Inner Mongolia
- Jilinbaolige silver and multiple metal mine project in Inner Mongolia
- Daxinganling southern secton and northern rim of Huabei area exploration project
- Gold and silver mine exploration projects in eastern Zhaowudameng, southern Bianbianshan-Longtoushan-Tuofengshan
- Middle Deshengtun lead-zinc-copper multiple metal mine exploration project
- Wengniute Qi Erbaohuo – Maodongshan silver/copper multiple metal exploration project
- Keshiketeng Qi Youfangxi silver mine and Haolaibao copper mine exploration
- Xinjiang Xinyuan iron mine exploration
- Xinjiang Hejing County copper mine
- Gold and silver mine exploration and evaluation in many locations in Hebei Province
Latest News RSS
Join Mailing List
Join our mailing list and automatically receive Silver Dragon Resources news releases and updates.Join Now!