The Laopandao exploration area covers 44.88 square kilometers and is located approximately 650 kilometers north by northeast of Beijing in Chifeng, Inner Mongolia
Mineralization zones have been identified in the northern, central, and southern portions of the exploration area. The most significant recent discovery was the existence of Ag-Sn-Cu-Pb mineralization on the peripheries of a previously identified tin mineralized zone. The mineralization is mainly a continental volcanic-sedimentary rock altered strata-bound mineral type.
Silver Dragon and its Chinese Joint Venture partners have completed a major surface and underground exploration program at Laopandao during the 2010 exploration season. Since 2006, a total of 7,174 surface trenching, 14,632 metres of diamond drilling, 2,514 metres of underground exploration-development (tunneling) has been completed to help define the resource potential on the property culminating in the preparation of a preliminary assessment.
The Company has retained Southampton Associates Inc. of Toronto, Canada, to prepare a National Instrument 43-101 report on the Laopandao Property
|Location||Keshiketeng County, Inner Mongolia, China|
|Area||4,488 hectares (11,090 acres)|
|Commodities||Silver, Copper, Tin, Lead, Zinc|
|Ownership:||40% with Exploration Rights|
|NI 43-101 Reports|
|Click here to visit the NI 43-101 reports section of the website|
Laopandao Project Google Earth Fly Over
Silver Dragon Resources Inc. owns 40% of Sino-Top Resources & Technologies, Ltd. which owns 100% of the Laopandao Beihou Silver Project located in the Erbahuo Silver District approximately 13 km to the north of the Reshui Town of Keshiketeng County in Inner Mongolia covering a total area of 44.88 km2.
The rocks found in the region are primarily acidic volcanic rocks and tuffaceous sandstone of Permian age and Continental volcanic eruption acidic lavas and clasolite of the Upper Jurassic Manketouebo formation as well as acidic lava and tuff. The faults are in a northwest direction.
The anomalies are mainly silver anomalies in the southern, central and northern parts of the region. Altered fracture zones can be found, with a length of 580 meters and width of 3 meters. Silver, Copper, Zinc, Tin, Molybdenum and arsenic anomalies have been identified.
Alteration takes the form of chlorite, tourmaline, quartz, sericite and fluorite. There are 37 mineralized zones, with lengths of up to 164 meters and varying widths.
Excerpted from a report
Prepared for Silver Dragon Resources Inc.
North China Nonferrous Geological Prospecting Bureau
General Exploration Agency (NCGEA)
About the NCGEA
The North China Nonferrous Geological Prospecting Bureau General Exploration Agency (NCGEA) was founded in 1974. At that time it was composed of a team of geologists engaged in mineral exploration and development. Through years of development, the agency has evolved to become a group company engaging in mine exploration, mine development, mine engineering and commodities trading services. Currently there are approximately 760 people in the agency.
Summary of Past ActivitiesSummary of Past Activities
Over the past three decades, the NCGEA has conducted exploration and mining activities in almost all parts of China. Key exploration and mining activities include the following:
- Eastern Hebei Province iron mine project
- Anshan-Benxi iron mine project
- Zhangjiakou-Xuanhua iron mine project
- Yangshan iron mine project
- Baiyunebo iron mine project
- Huanggangliang-Mengentaogai zinc and multiple metal mine project in Inner Mongolia
- Jilinbaolige silver and multiple metal mine project in Inner Mongolia
- Daxinganling southern secton and northern rim of Huabei area exploration project
- Gold and silver mine exploration projects in eastern Zhaowudameng, southern Bianbianshan-Longtoushan-Tuofengshan
- Middle Deshengtun lead-zinc-copper multiple metal mine exploration project
- Wengniute Qi Erbaohuo – Maodongshan silver/copper multiple metal exploration project
- Keshiketeng Qi Youfangxi silver mine and Haolaibao copper mine exploration
- Xinjiang Xinyuan iron mine exploration
- Xinjiang Hejing County copper mine
- Gold and silver mine exploration and evaluation in many locations in Hebei Province
Latest News RSS
Join Mailing List
Join our mailing list and automatically receive Silver Dragon Resources news releases and updates.Join Now!